GE Aviation Digital
- Disciplines Design Research, Interaction Design, Strategy
- Role Design Director, Designer, Researcher, Facilitator
In 2015, GE Aviation Digital hired me to help build their design organization and capability. More traditionally known for manufacturing commercial and military jet engines, the business sought to expand their digital presence and expand their industrial software capabilities. Over a period of 2.5 years I helped develop their design thinking capability, launched several new products, built design teams across 4 countries, and trained designers and non-designers on the principles of design, agile, and lean startup thinking. I led and directed a global team of designers bringing together a wealth of diverse capabilities to build out the next generation of digital airline software.
My primary responsibilities included:
- Managing and directing the global design team
- Facilitating strategy and design workshops with customers
- Research and design of products
- Evangelizing and consulting on innovation and design practice
Domain Areas of Focus
- Airline Operational Improvement – Solutions to optimize internal workflows and control room applications
- Maintenance – Optimizing engine/aircraft maintenance tasks. Turning paper into digital.
- Flight Safety and Fuel Efficiency – Data visualization and analytics to identify areas of opportunity for safety and fuel programs
- Digital Transformation – Helping customers identify areas to innovate internally and adopt digital tools
This work is under NDA. Please contact me for more information.